Usually the first step in our process is you being introduced to us by your funeral director at the time of your loss of a loved one. He/she would also have provided you with a DVD that discusses The Seven Most Common Mistakes People Can Make Within 12 Months Of The Loss Of A Loved One. This program has been designed specifically to help you at this difficult time with financial issues most people are unaware of, sometimes resulting in the loss of thousands of dollars. We, along with your funeral director, have seen many families through the years become victims of these mistakes, so together we felt that we should offer you the opportunity to receive the help you may need as soon as possible. Some mistakes are irreversible once they occur, and we want to make sure this doesn’t happen to you.
If you decide to call our office for a complimentary telephone call, our Family Services Coordinator will set up a time for one of our advisors to call you. During this complimentary call we will decide:
- If questions you may have can be answered efficiently over the phone
- If we need to send you some helpful information
- If it would be more appropriate to set up a complimentary in person consultation either at one of our offices, or if you prefer, at your home.
Should you choose to take advantage of a complimentary personal consultation, one of our knowledgeable advisors will sit with you to learn about your specific circumstances such as;
- Where you are in the probate process and if you need help in this area
- What you may be most concerned about going forward
- If you need to make claims for Social Security, Veterans' Benefits, Insurance Products (life, annuity or Long Term Care), pensions or other investment programs.
A life changing event, such as the loss of a loved one, can create a lot of confusion, which can result in very important decisions either being made incorrectly, or in some cases not made at all. Unfortunately the consequences of either could easily result in the loss of thousands of dollars, now or in your future, due to wrong decisions being made, or decisions that needed to be made (sometimes within a specified time frame such as certain tax returns) not being made.
TJB Financial Services, Inc. does not provide legal or tax advice. You should consult a legal or tax professional regarding your individual situation.